Opponion Forum Index
RegisterSearchMemberlistLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Time to Kick Some Black Butt
Author Message
Reply with quote
Post Time to Kick Some Black Butt 


-
I am so SICK of "it's the one year anniversary of Katrina" tripe in the media--TV, radio, newspapers, Net--especially rehashing the "race and class" bromides that we all were forced to swallow last year, and the "pills" only made the sick sicker. No cure, no solutions.

If you believe some of the leftwing media in this country, you'd think Katrina was purposefully targeting black neighborhoods in New Orleans. Katrina was an equal opportunity storm, picking on victims of all races.

But last year, in the aftermath, the images of people stranded in New Orleans were predominately of black faces. Why didn't they leave? A lot didn't have cars. Local, state and national emergency agencies were, for most part, inept (remember the truckloads of ice sent to Maine?).

These are people, many "of color," who didn't have a clue what to do. Not only did they lack the means to flee, they lacked the motivation. They have lived dependent on the government for so long, that they thought only the government could save them, and just sat, and waited. For hundreds, that was a fatal error.

Lincoln emancipated the slaves, and a series of administrations from FDR on, but especially that of LBJ, have worked to re-enslave African Americans. Was this the purpose? No, but the result. These are the American underclass.

New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin made a fool of himself excoriating the Bush Administration. Was it the fault of Bush's underlings? Only to the extent that any bureaucrat is guilty for keeping the status quo and not changing it. But Nagin was a big part of the problem, the leader of one of the most corrupt and inept city governments around.

I say it again. Whitey will not rescue Black Americans. And white leaders are too timid to say or do what is necessary. Until black leaders quit whining and begging for more of what created this underclass--patronizing and degrading government "We only wanna he'p you" programs--and kick some butt, some BLACK butt, there will only be more death and destruction in "communities of color."


Reply with quote
Post  


People used to a free lunch will continue to attempt to get a free lunch regardless of skin color.


Reply with quote
Post  


Right, Joel. There will come a point when you and I will be paying for so many free lunches we won't have any money left to buy our own. Then we'll either starve or get in the free lunch line. And who will pay for ours?


Reply with quote
Post We're all jerks 


A few years ago I moved out of the states, and I must admit one of my favorite things about the move has been the fact that I no longer have to live in a world filled with black people with an attitude. But, we whiteys must admit that our race is the most extensively exploitative on the planet, and we've cause great social and environmental damage.


Reply with quote
Post  


The race card is the ultimate weapon for the blacks. You see them play it at the O.J. trial, elections, Katrina, cracking down on crimes, ... As a matter of fact, a lot of blacks, including New Orleans mayor Ray Nagin, Rev. Jesse Jackson, black Hitler Louis Farrakhan, are the worst racists you could ever have on this planet. Their skin color seems to shield them from being labeled as a racist and they really know how to take advantage of it.


Reply with quote
Post Jesse J. and Mel G. 


-
Remember when Jesse Jackson used the derogatory term "Hymietown" in reference to Jewish people? Well, I googled that with his name and got 25,600 hits. With the word "semitism" and Jesse J. I got 180,000 hits, for anti-semitism 134,000. Googling Mel Gibson and semitism I got 1,040,000 hits, for anti-semitism, 526,000. Not very scientific, but certainly revealing.

You wrote: "Their skin color seems to shield them from being labeled as a racist and they really know how to take advantage of it." I think you got that right, especially if "they" is African American mis-leaders.


Reply with quote
Post  


it's a sad day when a people with a culture so rich aren't taught how to make their wisdom known. and aren't raised with the motivation to learn to do so.


Reply with quote
Post  


Sad What's really sad is people with a means undermining those without a means. Let's hope nothing tragic happens to any of you that you need to rely on FEMA and/or your insurance companies with little to no aide within a year's time and see how much bitching you will be doing to any and everybody you remotely think is not "handling their business" on your behalf. It's in the media still because it's taking too damn long too fix and like most things, there's an anniversary follow up, from multiple births, to 9-11, etc. So what's the problem with this being in the news still? There's progress, but not so much for those people within the black community. Hell, MN just had a tornado in Rogers, I believe, and there's been more improvement than in LA's black communities. Remember this is a state where tourism is the main means of income. If you're not going to offer a solution quit your bitching. Better yet, hop in your cars or a plane and go down there with your money for a visit or are you afraid you'll get your "white" butts kicked? Twisted Evil




Last edited by AccusedblackracistinMN on Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Reply with quote
Post  


Do all of you have eye holes in your bed sheets, too???!!? I can't believe what I'm reading!! I live in Georgia for God's sake and I haven't come across so many racists at one time in my whole life. It's not about black and white. It's about education. Lack of education=poverty. Guess who's in charge of the school systems? State and Federal governments? White people, you morons. Before you crucify people for being poor maybe you should ask yourself what has contributed to this problem? Your answer is Republican (and, ironically, Christian) racists like yourselves who would rather burn crosses than contibute money to education in order to break the cycle of poverty.


Reply with quote
Post  


Madpotter wrote:
Do all of you have eye holes in your bed sheets, too???!!? I can't believe what I'm reading!! I live in Georgia for God's sake and I haven't come across so many racists at one time in my whole life. It's not about black and white. It's about education. Lack of education=poverty. Guess who's in charge of the school systems? State and Federal governments? White people, you morons. Before you crucify people for being poor maybe you should ask yourself what has contributed to this problem? Your answer is Republican (and, ironically, Christian) racists like yourselves who would rather burn crosses than contibute money to education in order to break the cycle of poverty.

Whoa, Jose, do your homework! First, education is controlled primarily by LOCAL government. I'll tell you as someone who just went through the education system that money doesn't always equal decent schools, and poverty doesn't guaruntee bad schools. Do not BLAME "white people" when the teachers in the ghetto don't give a crap - and don't tell me that doesn't happen. Money does NOT necessarily equal a good education, and anyone who tells you that is a moron who's looking to make excuses.

Second, you contradict yourself. You say "It's not about black and white" but then you say, basically, that white people are responsible for the education disparity in the US. Wrong again, Jose. Rich people are responsibile for the education disparity in the United States. Rich people put the laws in place to base school priority and funding (which gives you an advantage, though not a guarunteed one) on property tax values which they basically defined. This is all about rich and poor and it has nothing to do with black and white. This is 2006; class matters more than skin color.

Third, since education is controlled by local and state governments first, don't you think it's a bit unfair to blame Republicans (and Christians, which I can't understand for the life of me) when it's clearly an issue neither major party wants to touch? Fact: The three biggest cities in the country are run mostly by Democrats in states run mostly by Democrats. Yet the education level on the south side of Chicago or Harlem or in the bad parts of LA is just as bad as it is for the poor in the deep south. Why? Because those fatcats don't don't want to reevaluate the system and rethink basing their attention on property values because their children and their donors children go to the elite schools.

Warren Buffet and others have noted that you can't have a school system that is both public and private, and from every angle of democratic theory and just logically playing things out, he's right. If you want to end educational disparity, you have to destroy that, base funding levels on a per student basis from a common pool, and assign teachers through a centralized system. Don't fool yourself, both Democrats and Republicans are against it full force.


Reply with quote
Post  


Distribution of funding for schools is handled locally. Where do you think that money comes from?
I am not trying to blame white people for anything. I was, simply, making the point that if the author is going to equate being black with needing government assistance then he should reevaluate why people need assistance in the first place because he will find himself at the root of the problem.
If you think money does not equal a good education than I would like to know where you went to school. What do you think is used to buy computers & textbooks for every student? How do you think teachers are paid? The more money a school system can afford to pay a teacher guarantees better and more qualified applicants.
The Christian jab was based on another post from the author.


Reply with quote
Post  


It's a mess down there for sure and I don't see any of the poverty stricken neighborhoods getting fixed up anytime soon. I'm ambivalent regarding the education comments, because the bulk of the jobs aren't for educated people--unless they go into business for themselves. It's mainly hospitality jobs that don't pay well contributing to the poverty. The neighborhoods that are getting fixed up, are through insurance policies. How many poverty stricken people take out insurance policies? If by chance, they didn't have a slum landlord and the policy was kept, by now that check is probably cashed and the money used for something else. If not, perhaps they are waiting to see what, if anything, the next landlord is going to do with his property. It's not like, "If you build it, they will come." Many of these people have started lives in other states, some for the better and have no intention of returning.

Nonpartisan,

I'm sure everybody knew they needed to get out of town by way of a vehicle. I'm sure those with vehicles carpooled until they couldn't carpool anymore. I'm sure companies with large passenger vehicles, trucks, etc., did their part to get people out. The backlash is this shouldn't have been grassroots only. It should have been proactive, government (both local and federal) supported, instead of a wait and see approach.

Madpotter,

I want to thank you. The only reason I referrenced "white" was because of the title and what I read in other posts. I don't know what race the people posting are, but I'm sure they aren't black. In fact, I refrained from using racist, but glad you did. Based on what I've read so far, that's what I believe this site is all about. I haven't actually read through a lot of the posts but that's the opinion I'm getting. The fact that Minneapolis Web Design designed this site doesn't change my opinion of MN being a racist state. However, anonymous authors/posters is a mother 'cause usually it's way more subtle. I wonder how many of the authors will renounce their town/state from their profiles now.


Reply with quote
Post Minneapolis Web Design 


Before I start getting hate mail, if I haven't already, I'd like to correct a mistake: Mpls. Web Design supports the site they didn't design it. Further, I know no one at the company; I've never done business with them; I can't comment on whether they are reputable and don't want anyone to think negative of the company itself, based on my post.

I only commented on the fact that it's located in MN and with the racists views here makes me suspect the site. I have since read a few more posts and believe that it's just a few posters who try to incite people with their racists views and live within the area, or so they say.


Reply with quote
Post Re: Minneapolis Web Design 


AccusedblackracistinMN wrote:
I have since read a few more posts and believe that it's just a few posters who try to incite people with their racists views and live within the area, or so they say.


Hi. Very Happy

I think this is the case. I've been following this thread with chagrin, as a Minneapolis native, and I can assure you that, while we're no more free of racism than any other city in this country, it's not the M.O. of everyone here by any stretch of the imagination.

I'm embarrassed by the sentiments expressed here by my fellow Minnesotans, and want to make it clear that I don't share them.

And I'd like to invite anyone who thinks that we've solved the problem of racism in this country to go ahead and read this thread.


Reply with quote
Post  


Madpotter wrote:
Do all of you have eye holes in your bed sheets, too???!!? I can't believe what I'm reading!! I live in Georgia for God's sake and I haven't come across so many racists at one time in my whole life.


See this is where the problem is. People like you label others as racists at a heartbeat. The race card has become the most powerful weapon for minorities who can't defend their thoughts or opinions or behaviors.

I agree with NonPartisan, Katrina is an equal opportunity disaster. Blaming the slow responses by the government as racism is not fair. Don't forget the mayor is black. Would you call him a racist too? If so, I'd add that he is an incompetent racist.


Reply with quote
Post  


Madpotter wrote:

If you think money does not equal a good education than I would like to know where you went to school. What do you think is used to buy computers & textbooks for every student? How do you think teachers are paid? The more money a school system can afford to pay a teacher guarantees better and more qualified applicants.

I went to school in a rural district in the middle of nowhere.

To a point where you can have basic supplies, yes, money is essential, but there's a point where it shouldn't matter. I think it's wildly unfair that the whole thing is based on property taxes, but money is no guarantee to a better education.


Reply with quote
Post The New Plantation 


-
MadPotter . .
Are you calling me a racist? I am saying it is a form of racial enslavement in which bureaucrats, many of them white, keep blacks in a "plantation" of welfare dependency, stripping them of dignity and initiative. Without the means or motivation for self-rescue, they waited for that system to rescue them after Katrina, and it didn't. And many black people died.

This is a caste system that is institutionally racist, and criminal in the results it produces.


Reply with quote
Post Re: The New Plantation 


NonPartisan wrote:
-
MadPotter . .
Are you calling me a racist? I am saying it is a form of racial enslavement in which bureaucrats, many of them white, keep blacks in a "plantation" of welfare dependency, stripping them of dignity and initiative. Without the means or motivation for self-rescue, they waited for that system to rescue them after Katrina, and it didn't. And many black people died.

This is a caste system that is institutionally racist, and criminal in the results it produces.


How would you change it?


Reply with quote
Post Re: The New Plantation 


NonPartisan wrote:
-
MadPotter . .
Are you calling me a racist? I am saying it is a form of racial enslavement in which bureaucrats, many of them white, keep blacks in a "plantation" of welfare dependency, stripping them of dignity and initiative. Without the means or motivation for self-rescue, they waited for that system to rescue them after Katrina, and it didn't. And many black people died.

This is a caste system that is institutionally racist, and criminal in the results it produces.



I did, however, it appears I don't qualify a response, since you responded to Madpotter on 10/29 and I have not yet received a response or acknowledgement. Hopefully, since I've been away for awhile, your posting doesn't enrage me as much as it did or maybe you are the author of the site and it's been edited some. Terry, as a black person throwing out the race card, I hope I am able to express myself eloquently enough for you.

My whole problem of what I've experienced in MN, was someone taking specific incidents and applying them to broader, more general incidents which gives a different meaning, which is exactly what you are doing. How many interviews, 20? 30?, did you see that you are applying to the masses of people who stayed or were left behind? In any mass exodus like that, more than a couple of days is needed as well as government and grassroots help. Hindsight is a mother, but foresight is better!!

By nature, we have survival instincts. Unfortunately, we are also creatures of habit and get tired of "wolf cries." You don't know what the mindsets were of the people in LA. I'm sure many people thought this was perhaps a blown out of proportion weather forecast, especially since they were hearing from government officials, the levee would keep and perhaps did not believe there was imminent danger. Perhaps those who lost their lives thought since the levee would keep they'd stay to protect what little they owned from Katrina and/or looters. You weren't there and are assuming the masses of these people who may have actually feared imminent danger were IDIOTS and didn't ask for assistance from whomever was around to get them out of town. Do you remember or know the song, "Ain't Too Proud to Beg" by the Temptations or Four Tops, can't remember which, maybe both had a version? In the black community, I hear that on a regular basis. Don't degrade or belittle people who YOU are quick to say are INTELLIGENT enough to have survival skills to become welfare dependent in a city with mainly hospitality jobs that don't pay enough to get them out of poverty, to not have the INTELLIGENCE, initiative and/or dignity to ask for survival assistance to get them out of town during a hurricane. As I hear it, many survived the hurricane but not the flooding, which if the levee kept, more than likely wouldn't have been anywhere near as bad as it was.


Here's a little lesson in [cultural] diversity: What may strip one person [white] of initiative and/or dignity may not another person [black] who may not have any qualms telling people they are getting assistance. Welfare dependency is not synonymous with black people; just because someone is at or below poverty level doesn't necessarily mean they are on assistance. Sometimes the system doesn't always qualify some at or below poverty level people to get assistance. Furthermore, the numbers show that there are more whites on it than blacks. In MN, counties will give emergency assistance for three months to someone as long as they can show in the preceeding month, they brought home less than $250 a month after sustenance, utilities, etc. are paid. I don't know about you, but that damn near qualifies everyone I know. In fact, I know people (black and white) making over $20/hour getting welfare (oops, economic assistance) if only on a temporary basis every time it's available to them--sometimes for food stamps, help pay utilities, etc.; other times, just 'cause it's there. Now could that be construed as welfare dependency and who's initiative and/or dignity is stripped when someone other than a family member or friend finds out they saved a few hundred dollars on utilities or had their rent/mortgage paid or got so much money in food stamps? Yes, I said mortgage.


Reply with quote
Post Re: The New Plantation 


AccusedblackracistinMN wrote:

My whole problem of what I've experienced in MN, was someone taking specific incidents and applying them to broader, more general incidents which gives a different meaning, which is exactly what you are doing.

If you pay attention to the news, you will see blacks blaming whites for their problems is not limited to a few "specific incidents". Every time we have problems where more blacks are negatively impacted than whites, you hear people start this "racism" crap. For blacks use racism every time they have a problem, it is like admitting they are too weak to help themselves. Most black leaders are very skilled at provoking racial divide among the blacks. Louis Farrakhan even alleged the fed blew up the levees to kill the blacks. What do you have to say about that? I know he represents one extreme, but I didn't hear any outrage from other black leaders or black communities for such a stupid accusation.

After the Katrina, all the lootings we saw on TV were done by the blacks. Is that a black problem or white problem? When you have black drug dealers shooting each other on the street, do you blame the whites or do you blame yourselves? I can give you an excuse for blaming the whites - the blacks deal drugs because they don't have access to jobs, education, or all the goodies the whites have access to. Plain bullsh**! This is an equal opportunity society. If you have any doubt, just read Colin Powell's "My American Journey" and you will find out taking personal responsibilty goes a long way. We are living in an environment where everyone else should be responsible for someone's problem!


Reply with quote
Post RE: The New Plantation 


Frasier wrote:
If you pay attention to the news, you will see blacks blaming whites for their problems is not limited to a few "specific incidents". Every time we have problems where more blacks are negatively impacted than whites, you hear people start this "racism" crap. For blacks use racism every time they have a problem, it is like admitting they are too weak to help themselves. Most black leaders are very skilled at provoking racial divide among the blacks. Louis Farrakhan even alleged the fed blew up the levees to kill the blacks. What do you have to say about that? I know he represents one extreme, but I didn't hear any outrage from other black leaders or black communities for such a stupid accusation.

After the Katrina, all the lootings we saw on TV were done by the blacks. Is that a black problem or white problem? When you have black drug dealers shooting each other on the street, do you blame the whites or do you blame yourselves? I can give you an excuse for blaming the whites - the blacks deal drugs because they don't have access to jobs, education, or all the goodies the whites have access to. Plain bullsh**! This is an equal opportunity society. If you have any doubt, just read Colin Powell's "My American Journey" and you will find out taking personal responsibilty goes a long way. We are living in an environment where everyone else should be responsible for someone's problem!


As far as Powell and Farrakhan are concerned, I can't speak for them and shouldn't be asked to, that's their opinion and I only speak for ONE black person. However, Farrakhan may have been just trying to put it out there (however stupid an accussation it may appear to you) so the black community wouldn't let their guard down--remember the 40 years of syphillis injections? I don't know, this is the first I've heard of it, or maybe, I heard it and it went in one and out the other. He doesn't speak for me, neither does Powell.

As far as the rest, I'll let you answer that one with your post.

Frasier wrote:
Do people working at CNN or FOX News or NBC News or CBS News or ABC News or MSNBC or any other news channel LOVE another 9/11 attack, another Katrina, another space shuttle failure, another war? You bet they do. If you don't believe this, just watch the James Bond movie "Tomorrow Never Dies". It is about a media mogul who created a war conflict between UK and China so that his news channel could have something to report. If al-Qaida pulls off another 9/11, don't be surprised to find out that CNN is funneling money to them.


I could elaborate further but I want your words to resonnate. Who do you blame al-Qaida or the media? Sound familiar? Follow the money!! Very Happy


Display posts from previous:
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum